Friday, October 9, 2009

CHAPTER I-Soul of Flames: Ifrit

Part IV - Inheritance (IV)
Only the rythm of his feet against the ground was heard as he ran along the corridor back the way he came. Thud after thud came from his shoes. His rmindless running gave his mind plenty of freedom to think of the recent happenings.
"What the hell is going on?" he thought to himself.
"What is this thing?" he asked aloud looking at the orb in his hand.
At last, he reached the end of the tunnel and stopped just before it. The darkness behind him was still fast approaching. He desprately pushed against the wall. He kicked, he tackled, he pushed, nothing could budge the door.
"Why won't you open?" he complained.
The moment the word "open" left his lips, the door opened quite suddenly. Still pushing hard, he was taken by suprise and fell flat onto his face.
Remembering the old man, he quickly got up and rushed to the former's side. The old man's body was hot to the touch, his breathing labored and sweat covered his body.
The boy dropped the orb in his hand and fell to his knees by the man's side.
"I'm back, are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone.
"Does it l-look like I-I'm okay, you idiot..." he replied sharply. "T-the soul, where is it?" he asked.
The boy turned his head and saw it lying on the floor by his feet.
He hurriedly picked it up and put it into the man's hand.
"Here it is, what is it?" he asked. At that moment, the sound of metal against metal came from outside.
Looking out, he saw a mighty sight, the imperial army gathered outside his home. He cursed out loud and turned back to the man.
"Dammit Jax! You had so better tell me what is going on!" he said not unkindly.
"As you wish Master Xeno," the man replied. "Those men out there are after that," he said gesturing at the orb. "That thing you are holding is called Ifrit, the s-soul of flames!"
"What do you mean? Aren't the seven souls just a legend?" interjected the boy.
"If you wan to know what's going on, let me finish, you dope!" came Jax's sharp reply.
"Okay, okay, cooldown..."
"As I was saying, that there is the soul of flames. It gives the bearer tremendous power through manipulation of fire," he went on, "but, you can not control it without the daemon."
"I'm sure I told you the stories when you were young, do you still remember them?"
"Sure I do, I remember everything you taught me!"
"Good, now I-" Jax was cut short by an angry shout from downstairs. "In the name of our holy ruler, open this door!" yelled the voice.
Jax continued, "shit! there isn't any time!". With that he suddenly coughed up blood.
"Jax!" shouted Xeno.
"Don't worry about me, now I need you to remember three very important things," he went on, "first, do not, i repeat, do not, let anybody get the soul!"
"Okay, Jax, okay..."
"Second, I need you to bring that to Dominion in the east."
"Dominion!? That's miles away from here!"
"Just do it! When you get there, find a lady called Hope, she will help you."
"Okay, I'll go."
"Lastly, know that though you're not my son, I have always loved you as my own flesh and blood."
"I know Jax, I know! You have always been a father to me!"
"Now go! You have my blessing, leave the soldiers to me."
Xeno got up and went to the floor wordlessly. As his hand turned the knob, the door burst open and threw him to the side.
Soldiers filed into the room and pointed their baldes at the two of them.
Their leader, a short fat man with a trimmed moustache came forward and said "it's been years, Jax! How are ya?"
Part IV - Inheritance (IV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This part rite here is fer the ppl tht hav any suggestions for my blog, comments, advice and wishlist. Tell me wht u wanna see, and i'll TRY to put it in

Followers